Winter Work and A Big Announcement for our Maintenance Clients
Posted on January 28, 2022
Winter is the perfect time to get ahead with landscaping projects. The lull period while turf goes dormant provides a wonderful open space of time to work on other projects. For Lotus, these include tree pruning/tree removal, hardscaping/woodworking projects, and interior projects.
Most trees benefit from pruning in mid to late winter. The cold protects the exposed interior of the tree from bugs and parasites and allows spring’s rapid new growth to heal up the place that’s been pruned. This will give the tree the best opportunity to heal and grow in the new season.
Winter is the perfect time to launch a new hardscaping or woodworking project. Michigan’s summers are, by most accounts, too stinkin’ short. So why not get those big projects polished off in the winter, so your outdoor space will be summer-ready when you need it.
Lotus Gardenscapes is Growing, Growing, Growing
Winter is chock-full of some of our favorite holidays, the kind you share with friends and family, the kind that seems to grow your gut. Well, guts aren’t the only thing growing here at Lotus Gardenscapes. Not by a long shot. We’re going to start this post by outlining some of the additions we’ve made, particularly to our amazing maintenance team, and the impact those additions are going to make on our customers.
For starters, we’ve promoted Kylie Williams, who for the past 4 years has led and managed the maintenance team to account manager! Kylie’s new role will see her taking on a lot of new responsibilities for the Lotus Gardenscapes team. These include:
- Serving as the primary contact between the Lotus maintenance team and our clients
- Ensuring Lotus maintenance customers receive timely, top-notch service and to make sure maintenance teams meet the full scope of customer needs
- Making regular CARE (Customer Assurance, Review, and Evaluation) calls and providing exemplary communication with clients
- Providing regular training and feedback to maintenance crews and finding ways to improve product offerings
Sound like a lot? It is! Luckily Kylie’s the perfect person for the job. To support the mission, we’re hiring another maintenance team. This is going to allow us to continue to expand services and provide excellent maintenance for our customers.
On that note…
Landscape Maintenance a la Carte
Take it from us, no sanctuary is the same. That’s why we’re developing a new maintenance services menu that will allow customers to choose (and pay for) only the services they need. Services include (but aren’t limited to):
- Spring Cleanup
- Mulch Installation
- Landscape Plant Fertilization
- Landscape Bed Weed Control
- Shrub Pruning
- Lawn Care, which includes:
– Lawn Fertilization and Weed Control
– Pest Control
– Biological Lawn Aeration
- Seasonal Color, which includes:
– Annual Plantings
– Fall Color Plantings and Displays
– Spring Bulbs
- Landscape Bed Edging
- Tree Pruning
- Plant Health Care – Integrated Pest Management and Disease Control of Trees, Shrubs, and Perennials
- General Site Care
- Cool Season Landscape Services
We’re adding more service all the time, but as you can see, there’s definitely something for everyone on our list. If you’re a Lotus customer or you are interested in reaching out to Lotus to develop a specialized maintenance plan, let’s talk, and put that phone in Kylie’s new office digs to use!