Family Fun with Pools & Spas! – Ann Arbor, MI
Posted on June 9, 2023
As the weather gets hotter and you start to think about summer travel plans you might have noticed that summer travel is more expensive than before. With the increased costs in mind, a stay at home vacation sounds more and more appealing!
Have you considered adding a pool or spa to your outdoor space?
A pool is a great investment in your property and makes your home the fun house where everyone wants to hang out. Summer can turn into a vacation everyday by simply stepping outside into your backyard. No passport needed.
Get Three Seasons Of Fun (Not Just 1)!
Pools are great for beating the summer heat, but pools are not just for the summer season. Spring and Fall can round out the pool season when you include the following options in your build:
- Fire Features – Everyone remembers a crisp, cool night by the fire with family and friends. A fire feature can extend the use of your outdoor space next to your new pool. You can use your outdoor space well into the fall season and earlier on in the springtime with the addition of a fire feature.
- Shaded Entertainment Areas:
- Pergola or Ramada Structures – A shade structure allows you to spend more time outside during the hottest part of the year and avoid getting too much sun. One creative option for shade is a Sail Shade. Sail shades can add a little bit of color to your space and offer a lower cost to install.
- Lounging Area – An area for guests to sit and enjoy the cool evenings or work their tan while the kids play in the pool is important. Be sure to get enough seating options for entertaining and pool parties.
- Pool Houses or Game Rooms – Adding a detached structure for use as a guest house, a game room, or a shrine to the Maize and Blue (or Spartans) ads additional areas to lounge. Pinball machines and a Pop A Shot can complete a space that screams fun.
- Garden spaces – Our horticultural experts can integrate plant and garden beds to compliment your new outdoor space. This is a great area to consider adding outdoor speakers and landscape lighting. The Combination of colorful flowers, dramatic lighting, and immersive sound brings a new dimension to your outdoor space.
- Waterfall or other fountain elements – Consider adding a water feature to create a soothing place to unwind after a long day. Water features come in all shapes and sizes and can be anything from a waterfall style drop to a babbling brook.
Have you heard of Soake Pools?
Soake Pools is a line of luxury heated Four Season pools for smaller yards. They can be customized to your preferences. Some benefits include:
- Customizable appearance – A variety of colors and finishes are available including several material types such as slate, stone, and tile.
- Easier to install – Soake pools are shipped partially assembled which makes installation faster, less invasive, and less expensive.
- Energy efficient and uses less water – Because of the size and design of a Soake pool, it will take less water to fill and less energy to heat.
Designed & Built To Fit Your Space
Another unique option for smaller spaces is a swim spa. With a swim spa you can get all of the benefits of swimming and hydrotherapy without the space and cost of a full size pool. This pool is a great way to get a workout in without having to drive to the gym.
Pool styles and prices range considerably. Working with a designer who has the experience to guide you through your different options can make the process easier. Our designers can help you get the pool and outdoor spaces to meet your needs along with helping you select the other elements that will bring the space together.